Saturday, December 19, 2009

Another reason why I hate Tradies

Our plumber was supposed to be working this week. We went out last weekend and bought the kitchen tap (with filters) that we wanted installed. Our site supervisor told us that it would be ok and that the plumber wouldn't charge us much extra as he was already being paid to install a normal mixer on our kitchen sink.

The plumbers were supposed to start on Monday, but in usual tradie fashion they didn't show up... I phoned the plumber and explained what we needed installed. He starts bullshitting me straight away and tells me that it will cost at least $250 extra to install because he has to do all this special stuff. BTW it is a DIY kit - so obviously can't be that hard. Plus it had a sticker on the box for another chain of plumbers that said that they will install it for $130.

I just can't believe how much tradies rip you off! They take one look at your house and the area that you are buidling in and then double their prices. I am SOOOOOOOOOO sick and tired of wankers that want to rip you off all the time. Might I remind you that this is the same plumber that told us that we needed to pay an extra $3000 for plumbing and then 'remembered' that he was already getting paid for part of that and promptly dropped the price by $1200.

GGGRRRRRRR! Just another couple of reasons why I hate tradies - plumbers are at the top of my list....

No comments:

Post a Comment